Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Reinstall OS on IBM 831027u

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beaches

beaches

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi
I got this computer free and they had scrubbed the harddrive (it was a business closing its doors). I'd like to reinstall the OS (which it
had MicroSoft 2000 Professional). I have the key and a CD with the OS from an old computer I used to have but have not been able
to figure out how to do this. I'd upgrade OS but dont have money to do it right now.

The computer is an IBM 831027u -- NetVista A30p

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have the key and a CD with the OS from an old computer I used to have

Hello beaches and Welcome -
Can you please tell us what Operating System Version CD you have, and if this was installed on a computer that is currently being used
If the old computer is not currently being used by you, do you know where it is and if someone else may be using it -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users