Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Audio cracks and sounds like static

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Juneybee

Juneybee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

The audio on my HP dv6 laptop cracks up and sounds like static at times. I contacted HP and they told me to uninstall & reinstall IDT audio. I did that and even updated BIOS, but I am still having the same problem. This laptop is only about 3 weeks old. Its new. I mostly notice the cracks and static sounds when I play youtube videos. The static sound comes and goes.

I don't think I have a bug, but it could also be the case too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Are the cracks and static always web based? If you play a CD or DVD no static? If thats the case I would look at your Internet connection as the primary suspect.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Juneybee

Juneybee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Its not just web based. When I play movies, I get the same problem.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

3 weeks old I would return it. Anything I suggest is likely to void any warranty. You tried what the vendor suggested and it didn't work. Time for the vendor to deal with their product, in my humble opinion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Purplegill10

Purplegill10

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yeah you may have bad speakers, that's how blown speakers sound when they go too loud overtime.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi was freakin' awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users