Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell beep codes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anjulZ

anjulZ

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

4 long beeps a pause then 2 more long beeps
Dell 4700
Intel LGA775 Motherboard
No display
"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of Bethlehem a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."
Let us all remember the reason for this season!
May God bless You at least half as much as He has me!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

From the service manual: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/sm/adtshoot.htm#wp1052968

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

uhm...lol ok I dont understand the problem
no time tick? right?
what does that mean?
"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of Bethlehem a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."
Posted Image

#4 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

ah
I found this
any other ideas?
Posted Image

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I've asked someone from our hardware staff to take a look here and see if they can add some input.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

k, im off work will check back tomorrow, no net at home yet
Posted Image

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Are you able to get into the bios? What revision is loaded A0,A3, A6 etc?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

HI Chad, I see you posted while I was composing......

HI, One thing to look at your computer has four lights labeled "A," "B," "C," and "D" on the back panel. They will be horizontal and near the keyboard or USB ports.

Turn it on and look at them. They will be yellow or Green, Using this chart that Animal provided
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/sm/adtshoot.htm#wp1054305 see what that tells you and also report here on what they show.

From the same Dell page:

Power Lights

The power button light located on the front of your computer illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate different states:

If the power light is green, the power status is good and the computer is functioning properly.

If the power light is green and the computer is not responding, see "Diagnostic Lights."

If the power light is blinking green, the computer is in standby mode. Press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse to resume normal operation.

If the power light is blinking amber, the computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.

Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board. See your Owners Manual for more information.

If the power light is steady amber, a device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly installed.

Remove and then reinstall the memory modules.

Remove and then reinstall any cards.

Remove and then reinstall the graphics card, if applicable.

Quite often the problem can be diagnosed between the 4 light son the back or the power light.

One other thing to do if you can. Please remove the side, Very easy there is a lever with a plastic cover sticking out the back that you push down. Then move the Green heat sink shield out of the way. You may have to pull it slightly to the side and then swing it out of the way. Then take pictures of the motherboard and attach them.

They did use a pretty good quality build on those motherboards but a picture never hurts.

Thanks
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 07 August 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users