Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poor Battery performance with Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have noticed since upgrading my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E to windows 7 the battery life is very poor. The battery was purchased off ebay and was bought to replace the original sony battery. The battery life was much better with windows vista. I remember reading about problems with the battery if upgrading to W7. However, I would rather have W7 and decrease battery life, then Vista and good battery life. Am I stuck with poor battery performance while having W7 installed or is there something I can do. Appreciate any tips

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

You might be using the high performance settings on your power options instead of recommended settings. How long does it reach critical drain level compared to your old battery performance? Have you considered that it may be a defective one in the first place?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users