Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Quits Temporarily Very Often

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fernando El ChimpancÚ

Fernando El ChimpancÚ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

Hi,

I found that, if I leave my computer on for a few hours, or if I've been using it for a while without much break (even if I restart), my audio stops functioning properly. My audio will quit as frequently as every second or every couple minutes. The audio comes back after an amount of time, only to quit again in seconds. I was able to force the sound to return by changing a setting in my AC'97 Audio Configuration utility, but that is temporary, and not very useful in most cases. I tried downloading and installing a newer version of my sound driver, updating 5.10 for 5.9 which did nothing except make the GUI fancier and prevent even the above mentioned technique -_- I don't know what I can do to fix the problem and I cannot continue to work with this problem, I swear this computers gonna fly through the nearest window eventually. BTW, I'm pretty sure it's not a connection problem, I've checked my connections and the problem happens with both my speakers and my headphones.

Here's my specs:

eMachines T2742
2.70 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
40GB hard drive
1GB DDR SDRAM

Please help!

-James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:32 AM

You may have a audio card on the edge of failing. Have you run Disk Cleanup? When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Heat is a big killer of electronics. A dirty computer can and does cause parts to over heat and either stop working intermittently or fail altogether. Have you noticed any other hareware not functioning properly?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Fernando El ChimpancÚ

Fernando El ChimpancÚ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hm, I've had the problem for a while now so I think, if it is on the verge of failing, it would have already. I've run disk cleanup and cleaned out my computer many times since I first noticed the problem and neither seem to help me at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users