Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs uninstalling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris4835

Chris4835

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

I got this used computer with XP on it. I tried to uninstall some games to gain more disk space. I tried uninstalling with Add/Remove Pro and Ccleaner, but some just won't uninstall. Windows will not do it either. So I was wondering if I can just delete the folders that they are in? Some folders are as much as 2.5 GB. Other than not being able to play the games, could there be some other problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

No, not if they install with entries in the registry. You can use Revo Uninstaller - it should do the job
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

#3 Chris4835

Chris4835
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thanks so very much for your quick reply Forum Addict. I'll try the revouninstaller. It took me this long to reply because I had a hard time to find my post.

Edited by Chris4835, 08 August 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

In the future you can click on your user name in the upper right hand corner of the forum screen and then click on "My Content" to find your posts.

#5 Chris4835

Chris4835
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for the tip Allan. I knew there used to be a link to show my posts but I just couldn't readily see it. Now I know.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

You're most welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users