Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot boot from new samsung 128 ssd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clas

clas

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

i cannot boot from samsung 128g ssd. have win7 home premium, 3.6 amd, 8g ram ,500 hdd.
i want to boot from ssd and use other hdd for storage. i used macrium reflect to clone my C drive and system reserved to new ssd. it will show up fine in explorer, everything works there. went to bios and set ssd to boot ahead of hdd...nope, switched wires, rebooted, disconnected old drive, nope. set to boot dvd, ssd, hdd...nope, just boots from hdd. so nothing i have tried so far works. ssd drive is just fine and shows everything. kind of at a loss...any suggestions? i mean, the idea of getting the ssd is to use it to boot and C drive running programs.

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2012 - 09:40 AM.
Unlocked topic - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have used an older version of this software in the past to clone to and from Samsung SSDs.

EaseUS Todo Backup Free

Full system backup & recovery
Disk & partition clone
Incremental backup
support Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 clas

clas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

ah, got it figured out...i went to macrium forum to see if i could get some help and saw another had the same problem. they are great at macrium and immediately issued a fix for the problem. i got a new copy and did an image and put it on the ssd and it was smooth sailing from there. i hate giving up on computer problems and was glad to get this squared away, and the ssd is working fast and cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users