Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TannerRickabaugh

TannerRickabaugh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum so bear with me. Here is the deal. I have a HP media center PC m7747c with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. Not a bad little computer, considering I found it for free in the local scrapyard/recycler. Anyway, it worked like a champ, until I, being the genius I am, took the Video card out of it, for cleaning. I cleaned out the fan and re-installed...nothing. No video, nothing. I tried 3 different monitors, 2 cables, countless other ways, like unplugging/plugging stuff back in, etc. But here's the back story. The computer was originally installed with a nVidia graphics card, no on board graphics. But, this was taken out and replaced with an Asus card. This computer worked fine, too, nothing wrong at all until I messed with it. so video card aside, it does have a VGA port on the motherboard, but i blocked by a little black cover that says "Do not remove." so I'm thinking, there's some way that I can use this port to see what I am actually doing, to later fix this computer. I no longer have the Asus video card, i believe it got thrown away. I just want to fix this computer, as it was a sweet junkyard find that I know works, but could be an easy fix. I just need to be able to see what I am doing so that I can fix it.

Thanks, Tanner

P.S. The computer has many inputs, but no other outputs...maybe it is possible to mess with these to make an output? I don't know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users