Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Universa Application

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emma21

Emma21

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

Hi I'm new here, I really need help!!!

I am having a constant pop up from my firewall saying Universa Application wants to connect with my pc. I keep blocking it but I get constant .tmp files in the windows temp folder, at the moment I have WIN2c.tmp that is an application and then i have several other files that are just .tmp files. They keep multiplying and no matter what I try they keep coming back!

I have ran Blueyonder PCGuard and that comes back clear and also ran spybot search and destroy which also comes back clear. I am at a total loss and really don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my Dad is going nuts at me!

Thanks, Emma.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

This is a trojan-dialer, so continue to block it.
Submit a HJT log to our team of volunteer experts who can help you get rid of it and make your Dad happy---not to mention your computer safe. Instructions for doing this are found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please carefully read and follow the instructions, and await help before doing anything on your own.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 11 March 2006 - 12:44 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Emma21

Emma21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:58 PM

I have posted my Hjt log and followed all the instructions. Hope you can help I am so fed up with it now!!

Many thanks, Emma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users