Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 unclemarine

unclemarine

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Two things:

1. About every 1/2 hour while on the internet via "MS Internet explorer" the page will gray out a box will pop up saying (Internet Explorer has stopped running, will see what the problem is and try to fix it) after a minuet or so another box pops up (Do you want to restart Explorer and return to your page?) What in the H--- is going on??

2. I downloaded "FireFox browser" I think I may use that. How can I transfer my favorites and also my email account which is with Warner Cable's Road Runner, to the Firefox browser ??

I have Windows 7 and MS-IE is 7.1 I think. IE is not the latest ver. I did, some time ago, update the IE but did not like it so went back to the old ver.

UncleMarine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

1. IE 7 is a very outdated version. I strongly suggest you upgrade to the latest version.

2. In Firefox Bookmarks>Show All Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Import data from another browser
Firefox like IE doesn't handle your email. You must be using some other program.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

If you use webmail to access your mail you get to it in Firefox the same way you do in Internet Explorer.

If you use an email client you don't have to do anything except open the client from your desktop icon.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

:whistle: Just to make it nice and complicated for everyone -

Well it depends on how you read the Mozilla / Firefox company structure >> From Mozilla site
Simple Mail is a mail client for Firefox. While it is actually a part of Mozilla, it is an add on to Firefox.
It allows you to get notified, read and write messages for multiple email accounts inside Firefox.

This is similar to Microsoft setup, where it is not Microsoft email, rather Windows Live or Hotmail >> From Wikipedia
For the webmail service once called Windows Live Mail, see Hotmail.
Hotmail (officially Microsoft Hotmail, previously Windows Live Hotmail and MSN Hotmail) is a free web-based email service operated by Microsoft as part of Windows Live.
Windows Live Mail (formerly named Windows Live Mail Desktop, code-named Elroy) is a free of charge email client from Microsoft's Windows Live set of products. It is the successor to Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Windows Vista.
The application is available for download via the Windows Live Essentials suite.

Only enough to mix the conversation up a bit :)

Personally I use Yahoo! and Gmail accounts these days -

Edited by noknojon, 06 August 2012 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users