Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NV4_DISP Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CherB

CherB

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello,

For the last month or so my computer screen has been going black while online, and in the past couple of
weeks the monitor has going into standby mode almost as soon as the computer boots. It doesn't happen
every time but on several occasions I've had to turn off and restart it manually, sometimes multiple
times before I can get the monitor to stay on.

Yesterday I got lucky and managed to get the screen back by shuffling the mouse around. However, it was
the blue screen of death instead of my desktop. It said the nv4_disp file was in an infinite loop.

I looked around for fixes and ended up updating the drivers for the GeForce FX5500 video card last night.
Today at startup the mouse stuck on the welcome screen so I had to manually restart and the screen almost
went black once.

Any help in fixing nv4_disp is much appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Been here? http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/nv4_disp-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Tekken

#3 CherB

CherB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for replying.

It doesn't specifically address my problem but I will give it a try. In fact, it has
gotten worse - screen either turns off or just blinks continually. I ended up
disabling the video card, as the screen would not stay on long enough to do anything.

I welcome any other ideas.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

You would have either the video card and monitor swap, or using the onboard graphics to further test the problem.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users