Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FP_AX_CAB_INSTALLER is ruining my computer!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 homeboy2415

homeboy2415

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Shortly after removing Adobe Flash using Programs and Features on my PC, I have been receiving an popup that reads "The Version of flash player you are trying to install is not the most current version. Please visit the Player Download Centre to obtain the latest and most secure version" I tried downloading the latest version, but it made no improvement. The file is under the name of InstallFlashPlayer.exe, and is located in the TEMP folder in Windows (C:/Windows/TEMP) Somehow it keeps regenerating itself everytime I delete it and makes a copy of itself. Its not a trojan or any other virus, to my belief. How do I get rid of this annoying popup? It is destroying gameplay, making it immposible to play Team Fortress 2, and causing it to close unexpectedly. I need this thing out!

Attached Image is of the messages im recieving every five minutes....
Ive also included the location of FP_AX_CAB_INSTALLER.exe

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

I don't think legit FP_AX_CAB_INSTALLER.exe file should be located in C:/Windows/TEMP folder.
Normally it's located in C:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files

I suggest you start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

Mod Edit: Moved topic to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.
Insert - Hamluis.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users