Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Find A File, Please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smolenski7

Smolenski7

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

To make my problem short, I have a file that I downloaded the other day b/c I am getting an error message that the computer can't find it upon installation of my HP C5180 All-In-One printer. The error message doesn't give me the full location with respect to where this file belongs. The file is: hpzprl40.exe. Does anyone know what folder it belongs in? Or, can anyone tell me how to find exactly where it belongs?

I've already been in contact with HP, they really weren't a big help.

Edited by Smolenski7, 06 August 2012 - 10:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi,

If you download the exe file for installation it will probably extract to the temp folder for you user, try searching for this file on the temp folder when the install ask for it.

Use Start -> Run -> %temp% to open the window corresponding to your TEMP folder then use the search box on top.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

FWIW: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/fatal-error-on-hpzprl40-exe-windows-7-D100-all-in-one-printer/td-p/799225

Just curious...from what site did you download this file you mention?

IME, printer install issues are resolved by uninstalling all printer software...then reinstalling same.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#4 Smolenski7

Smolenski7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I found the file at corruptedcomputerrepair.com.

I tried uninstalling all of the software, even temp files and everything following HP's advice, didn't work.

I'm in the process of trying to find exactly in what folder the file belongs, it's a long process. I placed it in the set up file, where I think it belongs, and the error message has changed to "the parameter is incorrect." Not sure what that means????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users