Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Removing Spyfalcon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 procast

procast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hello---I am not the most savvy when it comes to computers----so please keep this in mind with any instructions please. I am infected with the SpyFalcon pop-up---every few seconds it tells me my computer is infected. I found the instructions on this site about "How To Remove Spyfalcon And Dxmpp.dll", but am having trouble with some of the instructions.
I've printed out the instructions, and downloaded the smitRem to the desktop, and have the smitRem folder which, when opened, has the 7 files? inside. It states to download FixSF.reg to the desktop, which I did, but when I double-click on it which it states to do, instead of it asking "would you like to merge the information"?, I get an Open File--Security Warning, which I assume is MS. If I click on run, it comes up with a registry editor box that says "Are you sure you want to add the information in C-documents/settings/myname/desktop/fixSf.reg to the registry". If I click yes, it just states the info has been added successfully. Anybody? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hi procast

If I click yes, it just states the info has been added successfully

This means that you have succesfully entered the registry fix! That's it - done! :thumbsup:
David

#3 procast

procast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

Okay thankyou----I'll try and see if I can do the rest.

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

Ok! I wish you the best of luck.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users