Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange BSOD / StartUp Repair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 orion_boy

orion_boy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi all,

I've had quite a few issues in the past with BSODs being triggered by outdated video drivers; however, once I updated those, they've stopped. But, I still get a periodic error when playing video on the internet (usually whilst also browsing in other windows) that I can't figure out. Basically, what happens is the computer simply shuts down with no error message (straight to black). Upon turning it on again, it usually gets part of the way into the startup process and then shuts down again (in the same fashion). After doing this about twice, windows offers to launch 'start up repair', which I do, and this solves the problem (generally by doing a system restore). However, I can't seem to figure out what's causing this (as I think all of the relevant drivers are up to date, MalwareBytes/AVG/Spybot all say no problems, and there aren't any logs of this in the BlueScreen View). I also am not exactly sure what triggers this, however, the computer (or Chrome) does seem to 'lag' before it happens so I can generally expect it though it doesn't always trigger when playing videos. Outside of playing videos though, no errors appear so I think it is related to the graphics card in some way.

I've attached the Srt log from the most recent StartUp Repair (and one from a past one; the most recent one says 'unspecified changes', the older one gives the error code c000021a), and two files that have system information. If you need me to attach anything else, just let me know.

Best,
Orion

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 orion_boy

orion_boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Bump?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These Directions

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
List Devices - (Select) - Problem only
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Edited by noknojon, 10 August 2012 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users