Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup imaging software - uninstalling and compression

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,061 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

Planning to try some freeware backup imaging software, I wonder a couple of things.

I have 11 GB full of a 30 GB hard drive and for storing practice imaging backups, I have a new 32 GB usb flash drive. Is this enough, like would compression be enough to make this type of medium a useful choice? What kind of compression could I expect of the backup image files, if any?

What about uninstalling the backup imaging program if later I decide I do not want it/them anymore? Has anyone had any trouble uninstalling these? I plan to try Macrium Free Reflect, Paragon, and Clonezilla.

In any case, I plan to test or try these on an old laptop with Windows XP sp3, 512MB RAM, 2.0GHz Celeron Processor, (11 GB full of 30 GB hard drive).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users