Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ISO burning not working, depending on equipment or program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Not sure yet if this is about software or a hardware problem, so this question is maybe in the wrong board;

I used an old laptop to "burn" an iso using tdk CD-R, trying several different ISO files, DeepBurner Freeware as the software. The discs so written did not work.

I also used different CD-R brand on a newer laptop using Disc Creator to "burn" the ISO's. I also used one of the old tkd CD-R's.

The ISO's written to the newer discs using the newer laptop (having Disc Creator program) all worked; the CD-R's of TDK all failed, regardless which machine I used.

I guess I'm not really done testing the ISO writing, but I wonder might the DeepBurner software not be adequate, even though is specifically has the ISO Burn feature (this is what I installed on the older laptop), or maybe is the CD Writing drive in the older computer not adequate for the ISO writing jobs? I have used the CD Write disc drive plenty of times for making data and program CD's having no problems.

when I say that certain discs "did not work", I mean, I could not use them; when I started the computer or tried putting them in the CD drive, the computer would not respond and I needed to remove the disc to regain normal computer function withOUT the disc, and I could never read any content on the disc, and the drive would circulate just making a sound like wizzing or something.

Systems: Toshiba Satellite 1415-s115, Windows XP sp3, DeepBurner Freeware Cd&DVD&ISO writing software program; Toshiba Satellite P305-s8822, Windows Vista Home Prem, Disc Creator CD&DVD (yes and ISO also) writing software included with the machine by Toshiba. (The DeepBurner does not normally come on that older Toshiba but since I was not sure if the Toshiba's CD Write software would handle ISO burns, I installed DeepBurner, which DOES write ISO).

Thanks anybody.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nate555

Nate555

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

So I can't say I've had that much experience with DeepBurner, but I suppose I could tell you what program I use (and have always had success with): ImgBurn. It does everything (I think) that you are trying to do, and would be a good way to determine if it's the program or the hardware that's currently hindering you.

On a different note, my sister frequently burned DVD's last year and we had to go through quite a few different DVD brands. I remember one brand in particulr (although unfortunately, not the name) caused us problems because upon burning it, it could never be read by the computer. (And we were not using DeepBurner, if I remember correctly.) I can't imagine that a certain type of CD can stay on the market despite being virtually useless (in this respect), but maybe that's the case?

Sorry I can't be of more help now; I'll try to dig for some information tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users