Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unhide.exe problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 d&t

d&t

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I removed a File Recovery virus and am now tring to unhide my icons and start menu, but it just seems to sit there at the unhide notebook screen. How long should an average computer take to run unhide.exe? It has been on the same screen for over 2 hours. Am I not being patient enough or is it not working? Should I re-run the virus removal tools? Thanks for your help!

Edited by d&t, 05 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hello d&t and Welcome -
1.Download the Unhide utility, to unhide your files and folders.
UNHIDE.EXE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download the Unhide utility on your computer) From BleepingComputer
2.Double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run.
The whole process should not take more than 10 minutes to complete,and at the end this utility will generate a report

Much more basic advice beyond this link would mean that you are still infected, and you should post in the Malware Removal area of the forum -

Thank You -

#3 d&t

d&t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks! I never could get unhide.exe saved to my blackened desktop, so I just did "run" from download screen and it worked like a charm. Virus is gone, everything is unhidden and background is fixed and I am so happy!
Thank you Bleepingcomputer.com!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users