Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to clean up computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 micheledillon7

micheledillon7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I was just given a " free laptop" Any suggestions for free anti-viral..etc. programs? Forgot...Windows XP

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 August 2012 - 06:45 PM.
moved from Introductions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

The title of your topic indicates you want to know how to clean up the computer. Your actual question is about security/other programs.

Is this a used laptop? If it is do you also want to clean it?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 August 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello and Welcome -
Please read these 2 items first >> Choosing an Anti-Virus Program
>> Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools
These and much more information is listed above this forum area as "Pinned" topics for your reading and contain very good advice

If you think that the laptop that you have been given is already infected, Please repost in Am I Infected or Malware Removal areas of the forum for direct help -
Read the Introduction Articles there and only post information that is requested, nothing else -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users