Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am unable to access http://manager.axesnetwork.net/

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rectangleeye

rectangleeye

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

A friend of mine uses this site to manage video arcade machines at his business, I am able to access this site from home, but not from his business computer. I have not tested to see if another computer can connect to the site via his modem. Could this be an issue with the modem? The computer appears to be functioning normally and there was a power outage around the time that this began occuring. Any ideas are appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Clear browser cache and cookies, restart your machine and try again. If you still can't get in, check your hosts file and your firewall logs for entries related to that site.

One other thing. Is the site reachable by IP address, as opposed to URL?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I reset explorer to default and also tried it with chrome, used system restore, tried it with the ip instead of url, disabled firewall. None of these worked.

#4 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

I may not get back to the business until next week sometime, I will check the hosts file and firewall logs when I get chance. Thank you for the quick response.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Just for clarity, when you say "I am able to access this site from home, but not from his business computer." I am assuming you mean that when you are at home with your machine and your ISP, everything works properly. When you go to his location and his ISP and his computer you are unable to launch that site in a browser? If the preceding is correct then I need to ask if the ISP's are the same? Also what happens when you do a trace route to the IP/URL you are unable to reach?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

We use the same ISP, I am able to connect from my home's connection but not from his business. I did run a tracert which timed out after a few hops if I'm not mistaken, I will have to run it again and post the result.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

If the trace route timed out after a few hops it's not the modem. The problem looks like it might be a DNS issue.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I am able to access this site from home, but not from his business computer

Hello -
I would only like to add to the reply from Animal that there may be a chance that "his business computer" may have the site blocked.
This can be from choice or by an Antimalware program that has http://manager.axesnetwork. < (http altered) listed as not accessable or blacklisted -
These are only 2 of several reasons why you can not access the site on only one computer - Please try other computers -:)

Thank You -

#9 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

other computers connected to the same network are able to connect to the site and tracert completes normally, I changed the DNS server to google dns to see if that would help as well.

#10 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I am going to try and clean boot to see if something is blocking access and go from there

clean boot worked, must be a program blocking it.

#11 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Usually thats one of the first things I try, I feel a little silly to be honest

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Usually thats one of the first things I try, I feel a little silly to be honest

Please Note -
You were not "silly" in any way, and did the correct thing by asking, and browsing for more information.

I hope your issue is now solved. Please always ask if you wish for any more help, even with minor details -

Thank You -

#13 rectangleeye

rectangleeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks noknojon and Animal, I was able to take care of that problem and make a little extra money today because of it, I really appreciate all the help.

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users