Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacktintosh-HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bossramsay15

Bossramsay15

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey guys,

I was thinking about setting up a hackintosh. First is it illegal. Ok

I have been reading about the Threads, Some say you have to buy Certain CPU motherboards, To run the OS. Cant you just Run the software without buying all the gear, it added up to a $1000. Im after, If you can turn a Windows 7 And a Snowlepoard < Or something:confused: OS of a mac. So i can have the Gamesalad and other Iphone App making games. Thats the only reason i want a Mac I cannot afford one. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

<<I was thinking about setting up a hackintosh. First is it illegal>>

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Hackintosh+illegal%3F&oq=Hackintosh+illegal%3F&gs_l=hp.3..0i30l4.3641.10219.0.11594.23.14.2.7.8.1.625.3404.0j8j3j1j0j2.14.0...0.0...1c.pcGWigy88uE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e7f24798c128fce0&biw=1440&bih=699

Seems clear enough to me. Violation of the EULA governing the Apple software.

"Illegal" obviously means different things to different persons, governed by their own self-interest, unfortunately.

Since I have no self-interest (unenlightened or otherwis) on this question...I give you a clear and honest answer.

"A computer built to run this type of Mac OS X is also known as a Hackintosh,[1] a portmanteau of the word "hack" and the name of Apple's main brand of computers, Macintosh. Hackintoshed notebook computers are also referred to as "Hackbooks".

The Apple software license does not allow Mac OS X to be used on a computer that is not "Apple-branded"."

Quote per wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86 .

Seems quite clear to me.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users