Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you create a bootable Win7 CD or DVD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CmmTch

CmmTch

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

Years ago I used this tutorial http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/ to create an XP CD with SP3 on it. I no longer run XP and was wondering if the same thing can be done with Windows 7 SP1.

The tutorial for creating the bootable XP disc worked great and I would like to have a backup with SP1 on it for my Win7 Home Premium x64 (retail version). I didn't see anything in the Win 7 tutorials, maybe it can't be done with 7, but if it can I would do it so I have the cd with SP1 on it already.

Thanks for any replies.
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/145343-slipstream-windows-7-sp1-into-installation-dvd-iso-file.html .

Louis

#3 CmmTch

CmmTch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thank you very much Louis, :cool: I am a member at Sevenforums but I thought I'd ask over here since the this is where I got the information to create the XP SP3 cd. The tutorial at bleepingcomputer was easy to follow and I had no trouble at all. I've followed some at sevenforums, like the tutorials here you need to follow them exactly and they will work.
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users