I'm planing to get this video card under the suggestion of a friend my computer is old, I mean I got it about the same time WIndows XP stopped being sold in stores, currently I have a 3TB hard drive that's the only upgrade I have made, other then a new Vid card wich is about to die, and 2 gigs more ram making a total of 4 gigs).... my question folow my desktop's stats/GW2's stats (I can look up more if needed, but you would need to tell me where to look in simple English)
my computer specs = power source (big silver box at the top/back of my pc w/ all the wires that connect to my HD and other hardware is the power source right?) its a Lite-on Model number = PS-5301-08ha output = 100-127V 5v 25a Max, HD is a Seagate Beracua 3tb, as for the motherboard/sound card I have no clew, the sound card it build into the mother board (so was the original Vid card, but its disabled because I updated it w/ the one that's dieing atm) and I have 4 or 5 gigs DDR2
the guildwars 2 system req (as posted by the guildwars2pc website)
Minimum System Requirements*
Update Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse
my questions are*
1) will my comp be able to handle it without frying itself?
2) if I use this card, will I be able to run Guildwars 2, Fraps (full version) and Teamspeak without problem? (willing to run team speak on my laptop if it would make the difrence)
3) is the price reasonable? $129
4) are vid cards easy to install? I mean only thing I ever installed to a Desktop myself is a Hard drive lol
5) what is the approximate life of this vid card?
and sorry bout dual topics, but no one responded to my last one
Edited by blade1, 04 August 2012 - 07:18 PM.