Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Enter Network Password" Message wont stop popping up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 pandmasana

pandmasana

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's driving me nuts. I've tried all the user related fixes, the home group ones, and I do not have outlook express installed. But still it pops up every few minutes, minimizing anything I have going on, and wont let me touch it till I hit cancel. Makes playing games extremely frustrating.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hi -
These are some basic reasons as wht Outlook Express will not work unless you have enabled XP Mode in Windows7 -
Please note that unless you think you have enabled any of these functions, there is a chance that it is caused by an infection that cannot be handled Here -
Have you installed Use XP Mode in Windows7, since O/E as such will not work in basic Win7 computers (see below)

Are you connected to another computer that uses XP still, and this may be causing this "linking" problem ??
Outlook Express itself will not install and will not run in Windows 7, as it is not compatible with it.

Use "XP Mode" in Windows 7 Professional (or more advanced versions)
If you have a computer with Windows 7 Professional (or more advanced versions -- not Windows 7 Home version--
see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/default.aspx), then you can add a feature known as "XP Mode"
(see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-xp-mode.aspx.
BleepingComputer Guides http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7/
How to install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7
Windows 7 mail FAQ << Ignore All Sponsored Links

This is a basic reply only, and please Create a new topic in the Infected area if None relates to you -
Edited to add link -

Edited by noknojon, 04 August 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#3 pandmasana

pandmasana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

The only thing that could relate was I still had a windows xp entry in my bootloader. The only two I have now are Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate and Windows 7 64 bit (dont remember what version)

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Since pandmasana has posted in Am I Infected this topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users