Well, I finally gave up. I've scoured the internet for a solution. You'll probably find duplicates of this post all over. This has been a known software problem with Windows Easy Transfer for years and Microsoft has done nothing to fix it or warn users of the risks. Shameful!
Anyway, I managed to recover my files with this life saver of a program here>
MigRecover Utility for Microsoft's Windows Easy Transfer.
I can't express how grateful I am to the developer and the host for the download. You guys are the most awesomest people ever. Cheers.
Here's how you modify the syntax in commmand prompt if you used a password to protect the mig file in WET>
Just remember to change the source drive letter in "C:\SaveData.MIG" to the actual drive it's stored on if your MIG file is on an external drive like mine was; whether it's E:, F:, G: or whatever.
Good luck to anyone with the same issue who stumbles upon this post. I hope it helps you as it did me.