Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP officejet pro 8600 Kills Windows XP Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 itla2001

itla2001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

OfficeJet pro 8600, Networked to multiple windows XP computers.

I have 4 different OfficeJet Pro 8600's installed in 4 different locations, bought from different vendors. In every case I get the same problem.

This is a Networking issue. All printers are wired to the network.

The printer is not the cause of the problem. The problem persists even if the printer is off.

The problem is that: When computer is left on overnight, the next morning, webpages can not be accessed, and the network communication with the printer is gone. You can not print and you can not browse.

You can ping the router, ping outside DNS servers, and you can ping Webpages. Only browsing is affected. And printing.

Turning off the printer and restarting doesn't affect the problem. Rebooting the computer does solve the problem.

Killing all iexplorer services running in the task manager solves the problem.

HP support says this is an XP problem and they have no intension of working on the problem. They think it is a problem with network disconnect after 2 hours. They are wrong. I have left the computer alone for over 4 hours and the problem didn't arise. It only happens if you leave the computer on over night.

Windows XP computers have all been updated to latest updates and are running SP3.

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.
Removed excess blank lines, moved from XP to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Rebooting the computer does solve the problem. - It only happens if you leave the computer on over night.
Windows XP computers have all been updated to latest updates and are running SP3.

Hello and Welcome -
From your above selected quotes, you do not actually mention how many computers are affected by this problem, 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 or more -
Is the system fully wired between each computer and then back to a central Modem, or partially wireless between Modem(s) and computers ??
Also is there more than 1 out-going Modem unit installed anywhere within the integrated system that may be at fault ??

Was the system fully installed / wired by a Professional I.T. Technician, or just added to as it grew to the current (whatever) size that it is now ??

I am not fully sure as to why you seem to highlight the Printers first, rather than any particular computer or Modem that may be the problem ??

These are all important points, even if they may seem trivial to you, as first full basic information must be established -

Thank You for any extra information you can provide -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users