Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Won't Play In Computer...but Other Dvd's Will!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

Alright, so I bought this AC/DC dvd from Sams club....it rocks!!! But that's besides the point. I can't get it to play in my dvd player on my computer. Other dvd movies play fine. If I use DVD shrink, I can make it so that I can see the video, but can't hear any sound. I can't even see the audio. It plays in my regular DVD player (for tv in living room). My dvd player on my comp is a new dvd super mulit DVD/+ - RW made by LG. My comp will play everything else made under the sun, just not this video. I've tried WMP 10 (all up to date), quick time, Creative sound player (came with my sb live soundcard), and some other generic player that I downloaded. Nothing, zip, zilch, nada. If my computer refuses to play AC/DC, I swear I'll get rid of it!!!! I wanted to get this video on my computer so I could watch/listen to it whenever I felt like it w/out having to put in the DVD itself.

Any suggestions? Aside from those programs I've already listed, I also have Adobe Premiere pro v1.5, so if there's a way I can capture that from the DVD and import it into Premiere Pro, I have the know how of editing video, it's just a matter of getting it there. Premiere doesn't recognize the "TS" format that comes off of the DVD.

Again, thanks in advance for your help!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:19 AM

Hey Steve you Almighty what to use the Character Map for your special symbols. Instead of -/+, you could use . Check it out.

1/4, 1/2, 3/4 = ,,
$, @, , , , ,... and many more.

Start>Program Files>Accessiores>System Tools>Character Set
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hey Steve you Almighty what to use the Character Map for your special symbols. Instead of -/+, you could use . Check it out.

1/4, 1/2, 3/4 = ,,
$, @, , , , ,... and many more.

Start>Program Files>Accessiores>System Tools>Character Set

I know about the character map, I just seldom use it, and when I do it's usually for "" and "". TBH, I'm usually only online for a few minutes at a time, and am to lazy to stop to bring up the character map to insert symbols :thumbsup:

I'll try to start using it more though!!! :flowers: :trumpet:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:57 PM

Just a thought. Peace.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

Alright, so I bought this AC/DC dvd from Sams club....it rocks!!! But that's besides the point. I can't get it to play in my dvd player on my computer. Other dvd movies play fine. If I use DVD shrink, I can make it so that I can see the video, but can't hear any sound. I can't even see the audio. It plays in my regular DVD player (for tv in living room). My dvd player on my comp is a new dvd super mulit DVD/+ - RW made by LG. My comp will play everything else made under the sun, just not this video. I've tried WMP 10 (all up to date), quick time, Creative sound player (came with my sb live soundcard), and some other generic player that I downloaded. Nothing, zip, zilch, nada. If my computer refuses to play AC/DC, I swear I'll get rid of it!!!! I wanted to get this video on my computer so I could watch/listen to it whenever I felt like it w/out having to put in the DVD itself.

Any suggestions? Aside from those programs I've already listed, I also have Adobe Premiere pro v1.5, so if there's a way I can capture that from the DVD and import it into Premiere Pro, I have the know how of editing video, it's just a matter of getting it there. Premiere doesn't recognize the "TS" format that comes off of the DVD.

Again, thanks in advance for your help!

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried last night to play AC/DC Family Jewels on my computer, and it wouldn't work either. It copies the dvd(s) fine and dandy, but I can't get them to play. When I put both of the dvd's in (Live at Donnington and Family Jewels), the auto play doesn't even pick it up. When I put a regular movie in, it starts to play it automatically....hmmmmm.....I cannot live with a computer that refuses to play AC/DC. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users