Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos lag when fullscreen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xSoulO

xSoulO

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

A few days ago, videos started lagging for me when i fullscreened them but they play smoothly normal sized. I've never had this problem before and I don't know how to fix it. I've scanned my computer with Spybot, Malwarebytes, and my antivirus but they found nothing.

Edited by xSoulO, 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi -
Please use SpeedTest and tell me your current Download speed in Mbps -
NOTE: Do not click on any advertising on the site, but just click on Begin Test in the middle of the screen.

This should only take 1 or 2 minutes to finish and you have not installed any programs, just getting a current speed reading of your downloads.
You can then Exit the program [X] and retest in another 10 minutes to see if your download speed is stable.

This can also be done while you have videos running and you shrink the page, and run the same test again with BleepingComputer open at the same time.
Please post back with your download speeds after 3 individual tests -

Thank You -

EDITED to reset link -

Edited by noknojon, 04 August 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#3 xSoulO

xSoulO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

1st: 5.01 Mbps
2nd: 6.00 Mbps
3rd: 3.95 Mbps

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Ni -
That is a bit unstable !! Are you on wireless connection or direct wired - Only if wireless can you please plug the computer directly into a modem and recheck ??

Download Security Check from HERE, and Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically in a few minutes called checkup.txt; please Copy / Paste the contents of that document back here -

Thanks -

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

Over heating could be the cause. If you haven't checked the temps
or cleaned the computer in a while, suggest you do that.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 xSoulO

xSoulO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

It was wireless. Here are the new results.

1st: 5.00 Mbps
2nd: 5.03 Mbps
3rd: 4.95 Mbps

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.43
Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
Panda Cloud Antivirus
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
MVPS Hosts File
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.62.0.1300
Java™ 6 Update 33
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.270
Adobe Reader 6 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox 12.0 Firefox out of Date!
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAMain.exe
Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAService.exe
Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 7%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hi -
Those latest Downloads seem to be a bit more stable, still a bit on the slow side. Is this what your I.S.P. says is "normal" for you ??
A few update ideas for you to follow, and another quick check if you could, please -
Update and read about the latest Firefox versions From Here
Adobe Reader is now updated to X 10.1.3 from Here. Make sure you Untick the Google Chrome Add-on
Java is now Version 7 update 5 - Open Control Panel, click Java icon, second tab is Update - Then delete your old version from Add/Remove

You could list the Make and Model of computer and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Please Follow These Directions

Thank You -
Edited to alter 1 link -

Edited by noknojon, 04 August 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#8 xSoulO

xSoulO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yes, they say it is normal.
It is a Sony Vaio VGN-S260P.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Phr4FYPlI0xt7603ZB0pPdH

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hi -
You may have noticed in your link that the mother board was reading 77 C
This is a bit more than I find in the specs listed for your computer, and should read closer to 50 C
Can you ever recall cleaning the inside of your computer and around the fans - 2 are listed, so it should be running cooler -

Turn off the AC power adaptor - Remove the battery pack - Find all the screws that hold the back panels on and remve them -
Carefully remove the back of the computer and remove any dust filters, clean them out, also get a can of compressed air (Not heavy compressor air) -
Blow and use a small brush to clean out all the dust and crap inside the computer, and a final blow with the compressed air -
Now check for any blown / leaking components on the motherboard, and only if all is clean, carefully replace all the cover panels -
Be very careful with the screen area as screens cost $$$$$$$ to replace on that model -

That is the basics, as I have been busy with visitors today, and will get back as soon as I can -

Thanks -

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

You can also remove spybot from your system and replace it with Spywareblaster instead. Update or reinstall your video and audio drivers directly from your manufacturing support site.

Tekken

#11 xSoulO

xSoulO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

I'm not confident enough to take apart my laptop on my own but I will find someone soon to do it. It was a hand-me-down and the fan has always been a bit noisy and it gets quite hot without a cooler. I have also tried reinstalling the video and audio drivers.

Edit
I should have mentioned in the first post the it was a problem when streaming videos on Google Chrome. Apparently other users have also experienced the same problem and someone has found a fix for it. Videos also do lag when I try to watch with VLC player or something similar if it is above 480p but that doesn't really bother me much. Thank you for your time and help.

Edited by xSoulO, 05 August 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#12 snippydude

snippydude

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hey Dude,

It's your Flash version! I have had the same problem since the newest update from 02. August and Chrome. I downgraded to Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and it was fine again. You just have to tick the box for "always allow", otherwise you will always be asked to for the plugin to run every single time it is used, since it is not the newest version.

Regards
Finn

Edited by snippydude, 07 August 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Adobe Forums: 8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update
Flash Player 11.3.300.270 for Windows was released to address a crash that was occurring in the Adobe Flash Player Update Service (FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe). There are no other fixes or changes provided with this build. This release is available for Windows only, and affects the Active X and Plug-in installers, uninstaller, and msi's (available on the distribution page.) No other platforms are affected.

Please be aware that this release is not available from the Product Download Center (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer) which will continue to provide 11.3.300.268. We realize that this might cause confusion for some users. Due to the severity of this issue, we decided to make this build available immediately to help customers affected by this bug. Due to logistical issues and time constraints, we were unable to update the release on the Product Download Center. The next release of Flash Player will correct this disparity. Please note that unless you have been affected by the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crash, both 11.3.300.270 and 11.3.300.268 will be functionally identical.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Addendum: If you are using the update feature of FP, the update has probably already been installed without fanfare.

The new version reflected after the update...is 11.3.300.270, while the non-updated version is 11.3.300.268. Same content, other than the bug fix.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Louis

#15 snippydude

snippydude

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

It's mighty strange then, that I have the same problem with lagging flash video when 11.3.300.270 is installed and not when 11.3.300.268 is installed, isn't it ;)

@ Op: Give it a try to install the old version, it does not hurt.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users