Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista and HP printer drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sclossick

sclossick

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Several weeks ago I noted that I could not print from IE9 to my HP LaserJet 1018. I had some time tonight to try to solve the problem, the first advice I found was to delete all my printer profiles, which I did; reboot; and then add the printer. Now I am getting a 0x000006be spooler error and searching for help on this topic leads me to advice for systems and printers that don't match mine exactly. I tried updating the driver from HP, but I think there are some repairs/settings to change before I can get my printer to work.

This site helped out with a nasty malware infection earlier this year, so I am hoping for good results again.

Thanks,

Stephen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/error-0x000006be-print-spooler-problem/926c8c54-b904-4488-820f-eb018673c66a

Note the comment re merely trying to update the driver...uninstallation of the driver, followed by reinstallation, is what I would also suggest.

Also...when you uninstall the driver via Device Manager...also go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the HP software which accompanies the printer. This ought to ensure that any running services related to the printer...are also washed out and then began anew with reinstallation.

Louis

#3 sclossick

sclossick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Louis,

Thanks for the help. I do have to say that the instructions on the link you provided were hard to follow. It's not apparent that there were discrete steps, but just a lot of "try this" options along with links that repeatedly describe the problem without giving a clear process for solving the problem. I know you are not responsible for creating, editing, or reformatting what was on that link, but I must confess that as someone without an IT background, I was befuddled.

This link did help me get into Vista and get rid of the old drivers as suggested.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistaprinting/thread/14994b03-7549-4dcc-820c-2076402f7ee2 The entry by robertbackus was the one I followed.

Again, thanks for your help. It's good to know I can go into the work week able to print.

Stephen

Edited by sclossick, 05 August 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Glad you were able to resolve it :).

The link provided...is like any standard forum webpage...and I specifically asked you to read the comment re uninstalling/reinstalling drivers...nothing else. I cannot edit webpages which I submit as informative...all I can do is try to point out what I think is informative on said page.

In any case, feedback is appreciated, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users