Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dazm269

dazm269

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Just a hello to all you out there.
Hopefully someone can help with a sick PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dazm269

dazm269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

OK, where do I start.
Firstly, I am computer literate but definitely NOT computer fluent or any kind of expert.

Problems with my pc are:
Shuts down / restarts when using ANY rootkit detector.
At start-up, Kaspersky runs 2 instances of avp.exe simultaneously, both hogging memory and cpu runtime.
When accessing internet, iexplore.exe aslo runs twice, with massive drain on cpu usage (upto 100%). This causes just about every bit of software on the pc to flag up the 'not responding' monster and pc becomes so slow that it is unusable.
Also, recently, I get a message stating that my computer has 'recovered from a serious error', it generates a log / report for the error but wont allow me to save or copy the contents of the report?
I've tried FULL scans using a paid for Kaspersky Antivirus Suite and also used Malwarebytes AntiMalware software.
Neither of them could find anything suspicious.
Ive also tried RogueKiller, MGTools, HitmanPro etc, but my something somewhere kills the application by rebooting my pc.
This means I can't even get a report or log to point me in the right direction*.
Please help - this has been going on for far too long (several weeks at least) and I have run out of ideas, and due to the problems stated* I'm unable to complete some online forum remedies?????

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP Home and Professional to the more appropriate forum
By Roger

Edited by rotor123, 03 August 2012 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users