Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iloveramen12

iloveramen12

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hey guys, I have been getting a sound problem lately for windows xp, the sound is really staticy and really laggy. I plug off my headphones to let my labtop speaker flow, but it still has the same sound. Help would be appreciated. Thanks! :lol:

Edited by hamluis, 03 August 2012 - 09:56 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Check your CPU usage and temperatures. When the computer seems least responsive, it can cause the laggy effect with the audio.

Could also be your onboard audio chipset acting up, which isn't very easy to fix.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 03 August 2012 - 10:42 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 iloveramen12

iloveramen12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

The computer seems fine, how do i check if it is the onboard audio chipset?

Edit: Never mind, my CPU usage and temperature went up when i was viewing a video in 720P on youtube in fullscreen, and the sound lagged, but when it was in small screen it didn't. Thanks for your help! :D

Edited by iloveramen12, 03 August 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'd try uninstalling the current audio drivers, via Device Manager, then reinstalling same. Your drivers may be damaged, since your problem seems to have only begun recently, rather than from the beginning.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users