Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difference +r -r

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:01 AM

Not sure if I should post here but I will give it a shot.

What is the difference between +R and -R like DVD+R and DVD-R or DVD-RW ect...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:28 AM

It like saying VHS or Beta. .AVI verus .WMA . It is a format. If I am not mistaken all players, made in the passed coule of years, can now play either. I may have made it to simple but that is what it boils down too. 2 approaches to the same problem, and the DVD-RW is winning out over DVD+RW. Most burners list both, DVD±RW.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

acklan is right. most new burners can handle either format, they should be listed in the features section on most drives. Before '02(i think) you had to buy your media to match your player, but now most players are capable of handling both. The only real difference now is usually a slight trend in price difference, and some people think that one type is better/more reliable than another. doesn't matter to me though, my NEC drive handles all formats (not sure about RAM) up to 16x and I just bought some DVD-Rs and DVD+RWs. I just go by the sales.

hope that helps and here is some further reading I found somewhere in the forums DVD Formats Explained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users