Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kanlinnaye

kanlinnaye

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Mostly I always switch off Windows Update. Because Windows Update is take very long time for me. My Internet connection is too low. I was off Windows Update. So What can be happen if I didn't update? One of my friends computer also want to switch off Windows Update. But when I open Windows Update Icon, It was appear the text like that " #elementModuleHeaderText# " . So What is that mean? How to switch off Windows Update that computer. Please advice me how to solve that problem.
Thank you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hello -
The #elementModuleHeaderText# message is basically asking you to turn on updates, so you can have the latest Microsoft versions

First, can you please tell me if you have installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (also known as Win7 SP1) that is now required for this computer ??
This can be done with your Microsoft Updates, or downloaded as a separate special update item -

Next, can you please tell me if you know, what Antivirus program(s) have been installed on this computer since you purchased it ??
If you are not sure of these, we can get you to run a quick scan to check this for you -

Finally, I do not advise anyone to turn off Microsoft updates, as some of them are very important to your computer -
You do need to make time on the second Tuesday or Wednesday of every month to allow for these updates to install -

Are you on a Dial-up internet connection, or is there a problem with your Broadband connection ??

Thank You -

#3 kanlinnaye

kanlinnaye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Thank you for you reply. In that computer, Windows 7 64 bit, Home premium. I think it is not service park 1. There have AVG Antivirus Software Installed. Yes I use Dial-up internet connection. If I switch on Windows Update, It is take so long time and I can't use internet or I can't open any other browsers. That is why I always turn off Windows Update.
Thank you.

Edited by kanlinnaye, 03 August 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Sorry to tell you, but if you want to use Internet and also keep your Antivirus updated, then you need a bit more time for updating your computer.
If you do not, then you will get more error messages, and your Antivirus will not protect you fully -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users