Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setup a connection with a friend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kamador451

kamador451

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have a friend and we would like to setup a way so we can transfer files. We both have Windows 7. I have done research on remote desktop, File transfer protocol, and VPN but they are not really quite up to what we have in mind.

How I picture it is almost like FTP but I would like to have my friends drive as a letter in my network drive map. So I can go to My Computer click on a letter/icon and be able to go to my friends drive and access/transfer his files onto my computer and vice-versa.

Advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Shared dropbox account won't work?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 kamador451

kamador451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

No, we are trying to do this to save the hassle of uploading. We also have to wait until the other person uploads it...and my friend is lazy, extremely lazy.

Edited by kamador451, 02 August 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hmmm, if he's that lazy I don't know of a method that will work unless you're on the same network domain. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion that fits your needs that I am unaware of.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users