Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google is slow, everything else is fast

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I don't know what is going on. Google is painfully slow. Like 10+ seconds to open a search. It reports a fast search (About 97,500 results (0.13 seconds)) but takes FOREVER to load. Every other site I go to is lighting fast. I can surf around 20 pages here before google loads one. Any idea what is google on here, and how to fix it? Google is basically useless to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hi -
I have Google set as a Home Page when I log on to internet so I do not see a problem at my end at the moment.
Can I please ask how you access Google normally. Is it via Yahoo, Bing, or from your address bar, with http // etc Google ??

Thank You -

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Is this only Google.com or all google-related websites such as YouTube, Gmail, etc?

Also, can you post a traceroute to Google.com? Do so by opening up command prompt (press windows key + r, type CMD, and press enter) and enter the following command:

tracert www.google.com

Right click and select "Mark", highlight everything in the CMD window and press enter. Paste it in a reply to this topic.

Edited by NpaMA, 03 August 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#4 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Ok, it seems to be a bit of an intermittent problem (The worst). I know it snot google because it doesn't do this on my other computers. It seems as though once google loads, for a while after it loads at a reasonable speed.
Tracert is as follows:
1 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.110.96.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.248.42.62
3 8 ms 8 ms 11 ms 209.91.168.9
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 14 ms 13 ms 13 ms gw-google.torontointernetxchange.net [206.108.34
.6]
6 15 ms 13 ms 13 ms 216.239.47.114
7 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms 64.233.175.132
8 16 ms 13 ms 13 ms yyz06s06-in-f24.1e100.net [74.125.226.56]
I did it to google.ca as that's where I end up all the time (being located in Canada).
I use firefox and have noticed a few things. When a copy and paste a search link into from firefox into IE, its slow (it has the whole "&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a" suffix at the end of it), however when I enter a search manually (http://www.google.com/search?q=Google+tutorial+create+link) it works wonderfully. So I think that's the first target, to get firefox to not use the "Firefox" version of google, but just the main google search. Any ideas on how to do that?

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi -
You may like this Firefox / Google add on Google Toolbar for Firefox since they seem to be "fighting" with each other
I do not usually say to add any toolbar, but this may have a quick search box included - You can delete it if you do not like it -
Always worfh a brief try and will not alter any home pages etc.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users