Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus on New Desktop Computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IKristina

IKristina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello,

I have a new desktop computer (3 months old). It's a HP Pavilion (P7-1247C) and it runs Windows 7. It's been working fine, but in the last few days it caught "something."

The problems are:

1)I can't access the internet (I'm using another computer right now). The internet browser (firefox) will open, but when I attempt to go to a website it "freezes up". The round wheel icons shows up, like it is trying to access a site, but then it just keeps spinning and never connects. I am also not able to close the internet window or access the start menu. The mouse works fine, but I can't navigate away from the open home-internet screen. I've attempted to use Ctrl alt delete (soft boot?), and in one out of the three tries this worked. Otherwise I had to force close (hard reboot?) by pressing the power button.

2)I attempted to not use the internet and pulled up a normal word processing program. Initially this worked (opened a file, allowed me to type and save). But within two minutes it started to have similar symptoms as the internet. I would type and there would be a delay. Or the wheel icon would show up and I couldn't do anything for a few minutes. I can still navigate (slowly) around the computer (save a file, open the start menu, close the program), but everything was really really slow.

The last thing I did before these issues showed up was surf the internet, reading articles and watching some videos, in case that relates in any way.

Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!

IKristina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users