Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot ftp to connect to another computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sabrah Artist

Sabrah Artist

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hello, I am sorry if this question is in the wrong forum, but I'm not sure where to ask this.

I am trying to connect two computers together. The first one is my laptop with Windows Vista on it. The second one is a computer with OpenBSD on it.
On the OpenBSD computer are some cgi websites I made, I am trying to view them in the browser window of the laptop.

I used a crossover cable to connect the computers together. I tried to connect with ftp in Command prompt but it did not work. yet it does ping back a reply. I tried to view them in my Mozilla Firefox web browser by typing "My IP/<filename>" but it said that the destination host was unreachable.

Can you please give me some advise on what I could do to fix this? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CarlosH

CarlosH

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hello, I am sorry if this question is in the wrong forum, but I'm not sure where to ask this.

I am trying to connect two computers together. The first one is my laptop with Windows Vista on it. The second one is a computer with OpenBSD on it.
On the OpenBSD computer are some cgi websites I made, I am trying to view them in the browser window of the laptop.

I used a crossover cable to connect the computers together. I tried to connect with ftp in Command prompt but it did not work. yet it does ping back a reply. I tried to view them in my Mozilla Firefox web browser by typing "My IP/<filename>" but it said that the destination host was unreachable.

Can you please give me some advise on what I could do to fix this? Thanks.

DO you have LAMP aready install on the Linux box? are both computers on the same network?

#3 Sabrah Artist

Sabrah Artist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Do I have to use LAMP?

#4 CarlosH

CarlosH

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Do I have to use LAMP?

It depends on your setup, if you have php pages then you will need it. I havent done this kind of setup in a while but I use to have a lamp setup to host my site at one point. In ubuntu you only have to issue command sudo apt-get install lamp-server not sure how to do it in FreeBSD. Once you have that configured you should be able to put all your files in the folder you specified in the apache config.

is that what your goal is? to be able to see your site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users