Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash player videos (youtube) only go to fullscreen on my primary monitor in chrome, how can I fix?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 st3v3yo

st3v3yo

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Even if the browser window is on my secondary monitor, when I hit the fullscreen button the fullscreen video appears on the primary. Also even when it is in fullscreen on the primary monitor, as soon as i click in my 2nd monitor it exits fullscreen. I tested in IE and none of these problems happen. also tried forcing a flash player update, but chromes flash player plugin is integrated so I couldn't figure out how to do that (and since it auto updates anyway I doubt that would do anything).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MsYvaine

MsYvaine

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

hello,

Im not an expert, but the same problem happened to me and could solve it by disabling an old flashplayer plugin in chrome.

hope it helps you as well.

Yv

#3 st3v3yo

st3v3yo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sure enough, when I checked there were actually two versions of Flash installed. Interestingly, disabling the older one did nothing, however when I disabled the new one and left the old one, the problem was fixed. perhaps its a bug with the latest update.

Thanks again for the advice :thumbup2:

#4 lukec1996

lukec1996

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have the same problem, and i can not figure out how to get rid of it. When I look at the Chrome task manager, there's only one Flash process, and i can not find flash anywhere else in my Chrome, if one of you guys could explain to me how you got rid of the flash player plugin, I would be grateful.

Edit: Okay so instead of deleting the post, I figured I'd attempt to turn it into a guide on how to fix the problem. Open a new tab, type into the address bar "chrome:plugins" and then hit details. If you have more than one version of Flash, disable the older version(s) and then test it. If that doesn't work, try disabling the newer versions.

Edited by lukec1996, 03 August 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#5 unclebloodyfester

unclebloodyfester

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

I have this too - SO irritating.

Anyway just set the monitor you want to watch video on as your primary and drag the icons back to the screen you actually use as primary.

If you want more control, go here http://www.displayfusion.com/ and download the little app for controlling multimonitor start bars / task bars / start buttons etc etc. I bought it a couple of years ago and really like the added functionality it brings. Ok it's $25 for the version that's really useful but then if you have 4 monitors, it's chump change when you add in the extra functions.

Hope that helps.

#6 unclebloodyfester

unclebloodyfester

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Found this elsewhere but this is what's causing the problem it seems.

Open Chrome and go to - chrome://plugins/

Disable this component.

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11,3,300,268
Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
Version: 11.3.31.222
Location: C:\Users\Fester\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.60\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
Enable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
.spl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users