Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a new monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greatchap

greatchap

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hello Guys,

I have a 22" Dell S2209W monitor which I had purchased over 2 years ago. I am looking for a new monitor now. That monitor was ok, nothing great. Infact I was running a batman movie in my new Vaio laptop yesterday and my desktop. The difference in quality was easily visible. The white and good colours reflected in my laptop LCD screen was diff that what monitor showed. It's white was not white and quailty of output was so so.

My main purposes :

- movies/tv shows
- software development work
- gaming but not often

- Max Budget $300
- Size : 23" or 24"

I have a vaio laptop (1600x900) and at times when I am at home I would want to connect my laptop to the monitor so that I can use it to work on my office documents etc. And other times my monitor would anyways be connected to my PC. So a monitor with more ports specially HDMI would be nice.

The brands I would consider is DELL, Samsung, LG & Viewsonic. I am keen on dell ultrasharp monitor.

For e.g. DellTM UltraSharp U2312HM is costing $290 while 24" is costing $390.

What should I do for ? I want a very good display. I live outside US so sites like newegg etc won;t be helpful in terms of price.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Cheers,
GR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

You could do what I do. I use my 32" HDTV for my computer display, OTA TV, Satellite TV, Media player, BluRay/DVD player. Just make sure it has enough inputs for your needs.

One display for everything.
One remote

Nice big letters on the screen

As for monitors, Since you seem to be sensitive to the way the display looks I would suggest taking the laptop with you and hooking it up to display model of the monitor you are thinking about and see how it looks.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 greatchap

greatchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

You could do what I do. I use my 32" HDTV for my computer display, OTA TV, Satellite TV, Media player, BluRay/DVD player. Just make sure it has enough inputs for your needs.

One display for everything.
One remote

Nice big letters on the screen

As for monitors, Since you seem to be sensitive to the way the display looks I would suggest taking the laptop with you and hooking it up to display model of the monitor you are thinking about and see how it looks.

Roger

Thanks a lot Roger. The thing is I already have a 46" LED HDTV in my room. So basically I am looking for a PC Monitor. It will be connected to my PC all the time though at times I would like to connect my laptop to it.

How is the dell option 23" which I meantioned in my post ?

#4 greatchap

greatchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I bought the DELL Ultrasharp display. So lets see how this goes. :)

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Good Luck with it

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Good Luck with it.

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users