Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CYCLON LOGIC BOMB!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DeltaJ

DeltaJ

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thats about the best I can describe it, lol. Idk what happened. I've been working with computers and dealing with all forms of virus for years and this is new to me.

I left my laptop to get something to drink. All I had open was Netflix. I came back and I had 2 dozen popups saying something about the I/O connection of the HDD was lost scan for errors with the options to continue, retry, and cancel. Half my icons were gone and the other half were grey'd out. I have a yellow triangle with ! in the taskbar. Then something called File Recovery I believe it was called started scanning for errors. when I closed it, it asked if I wanted to purchase a licsense. I restarted my laptop. but it only got as far as checking the DVD drive for bootable media then freezes on the dos dash. Samething after multiple restarts. Can't even boot into safe mode.

Help

Edited by DeltaJ, 02 August 2012 - 02:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

It sounds like this was on your computer but it was interrupted before it could finish installing:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-file-recovery
Posted Image

#3 DeltaJ

DeltaJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Yup thats it, now to see if I can beat it. I'd really like to know how I got it. I have full avg security amoung other monitors

#4 DeltaJ

DeltaJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Well this is great but it seems to have corrupted something in my drive. Because as the system boots it doesn't see the hard drive. When I use the bootdisk system recovery doesn't see my drive or windows either. it wants me to load drivers

#5 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

What does it say when you try to boot?

Can you tap F8 when the computer boots and select safe mode with networking and get into the computer?

Edited by herg62123, 02 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

#6 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

You still need help?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users