card name = Asus - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card
I'm planing to get this video card under the suggestion of a friend my computer is old, I mean I got it about the same time WIndows XP stopped being sold in stores, currently I have a 3TB hard drive that's the only upgrade I have made, other then a new Vid card wich is about to die, and 2 gigs more ram).... my question folow my desktop's stats (I can look up more if needed, but you would need to tell me where to look in simple English)
my computer specs = power source (big silver box at the top/back of my pc w/ all the wires that connect to my HD and other hardware is the power source right?) its a Lite-on Model number = PS-5301-08ha output = 100-127V 5v 25a Max, HD is a Seagate Beracua 3tb, as for the motherboard/sound card I have no clew, the sound card it build into the mother board (so was the original Vid card, but its disabled because I updated it w/ the one that's dieing atm) and I have 4 or 5 gigs DDR2
my questions are
1) will my comp be able to handle it without frying itself?
2) if I use this card, will I be able to run Guildwars 2, Fraps (full version) and Teamspeak without problem? (willing to run team speak on my laptop if it could make problems)
3) is the price reasonable? $129
4) are vid cards easy to install? I mean only thing I ever installed to a Desktop myself is a Hard drive lol
5) what is the approximate life of this vid card?
if links aren't aloud Im sorry, its late my head is sorta on the fritz, disable it if you want I named the vid card on the post anyway, just wanted to give a quicker way to get the cards info
and for the record I'm not happy bout this..... for all I care Best-buy can kiss my chocolate starfish -.-
Edited by blade1, 02 August 2012 - 12:15 AM.