Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KT12

KT12

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hey. nice to meet ya all!! i'm new to thsi forum, and i got this problem iv been trying to solve for days!! For some odd resaon..each time i try to open my internet explorerer, it closes automatically, i can't openn links, email, or anything due with IE, i found out that the problm is the "wupdmgr.exe" , some trogen/spyare (not sure yet), and i ran the hijack, it says C:\WINDOWS\wupdmgr.exe, but i can't find it in that Hihjack program, it has all the entries with: 02, 03, 04 , 05 etc, but not the c drive, is there a way i can remove this trogen? Thanks for help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

Try to "repair" IE first (the repair option should come up if you use add/delete from your control panel). If that doesn't help then submit a HJT log to the team forum for review and help by our volunteer experts.
Here are the instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:29 AM

Unless you are expert at altering the registry do not use Hijack This by yourself to try to repair anything. Get assistance from our HJT experts.

Even what may seem to be a slight mistake can render your op system useless.

Of course, backup the registry before changing anything.

#4 KT12

KT12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:17 PM

hey all. thanks for the help, it seems like my comp is infected with trojans when i ran some virus test, i also ran the hijack on my comp and it spcifically stated that something is wrong with this file: " C:\WINDOWS\wupdmgr.exe" , i relized that its located in my system32 folder, and i tried to manually delete it, but it just keeps appearing. This morning got worst, my wallpaper changed for some odd reason.

Thanks for the help guys!

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

Run a fresh HJT log and submit it (instructions above); after you have submitted it, do not change anything, as it will invalidate the report.
Regards,
John

Note: I have split your log and moved it to the HJT Forum where our team can work with you to fix the problem.

Edited by jgweed, 11 March 2006 - 12:51 AM.

#6 KT12

KT12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:08 AM

hey, thanks for your help, iv been trying hard to fix this problem these days, hope i can fix this it!

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

I am sure one of our HJT team members can work with you to find and then to correct the problem.Literally thousands of members have been helped by those volunteers.
Logs are taken on a first-in, first-reviewed order, and other members may be ahead of you in the queue, so please be patient until you see a response.
Cheers,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users