Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Startup Repair Problem, NoOsInstalled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greekfellows

greekfellows

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

I inserted a blank CD to add music into, using iTunes 10 (maybe 11).
It did the job but all of the music were incomplete and the lengths were like 8 or 6 seconds.
I tried to format the CD but it didn't work.
Then I got angry and smashed the keyboard, and it froze.
I force shut the laptop WITH THE CD STILL INSERTED and ejected it, then turned it on again.
Windows started Startup Repair and it finishes, then restarted.
And again Startup Repair ran again, then it told me it can fix the problem in a new dialog box.
My computer is not connected to the Internet and I'm using a substitute computer to type this.
A box in the dialog box showed the following text:

StartupRepairOffline
unknown
AutoFailover
NoOsInstalled
104 1

I closed the dialog box and it told me: (translated from Japanese, may not be that accurate.)

If you connected devices such as cameras or portable music players to this computer, please ejected them and then restart the computer. If this message keeps appearing, please ask the administrator or the manufacturer of the computer.

Then I click Finish to restart.
And again Startup Repair showed up, and the same message showed up.

I clicked something like Show Restore System Option to restore the system, but it says the restore point is broken during restoration, and when I try to restore the system again, it still doesn't work.

What should I do???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

What should I do???

Calm down. :lol:
Since the machine was bashed; possibly providing the make/model of machine will help with diagnostics....
If a laptop; disasemble the machine and make sure all connections are tight and true.
Or bash it again.... Se avatar. :thumbup2:

#3 greekfellows

greekfellows
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Thanks, but the point is, I don't have any techniques nor knowledge nor tools to disassemble the laptop.
It's VAIO, VPCS149FJ
Maybe I should send it over to a repair shop.

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Disconnect all power. Remove the battery. Hold the power button for thirty (30) seconds.
Get a small cross-point (phillips) head screw-driver and remove the HDD. Replace the HDD.
Install battery.
Connect mains. Press Start....

Or press Start. Press the F-8 key repeatedly. Look for Last Good Known Configuration.

Edited by bludgard, 02 August 2012 - 12:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users