Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCSoftwareservuces Scam / probably infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dig314

dig314

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

My Dad got scammed by either pcsoftwareservices dot com or pcssoftwareservices with two SS
They called him up and told him he had a virus, but they could remove it....etc etc and my dad went along with it.
Several minutes later, he decided it wasn't such a good idea and unplugged it from the internet and called me. I had him power the laptop down.

Someone else in this forum got scammed by the same people. Another search on google indicates this might be part of Ransom scam to change your PC password.

My dad dropped off his laptop, but forgot the power-cord, so I am limited on what I am trying to accomplish tonight. My Dad is vague on details, so I having to piece together what might have happened.

Based on the browser history, he downloaded Teamviewer....The last EXE to show was TeamViewerQS_en.exe. This appears to be a legit Remote access tool, but I am only guessing.
Then the guy probably took remote control and first went to pcSSoftwareservices dot com then went to pcSoftwareservices dot com.
IF they downloaded something else, it is not showing in the history.

I keep Avast on his laptop ( Vista Home Premium ). For whatever reason, the laptop starts in safe-mode and I missed the boot screen. Even a quick scan with Avast will probably zap the power, so I will wait until I have the power cord.

After Avast finishes scanning, what is next ?

Dig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users