Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Wont Charge or Cut On!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mark24ant

mark24ant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

I want to know is the problem with my charger, my battery, or my computer? My laptop battery ran out of juice until it wouldn't charge anymore and it will only cut on while the charger was plugged in. I was playing a game on it then the computer randomly cut off and that was the last time It has ever been on. This is the third charger I've been through but i noticed that the green light that's usually solid when plugged in blinks faintly. I'm sure that I need a new battery but is a new battery and charger all I need? I'm assuming something blew out in the laptop and I will need to get it fixed though. How much do you think it will cost me? and I have no money to waste on buying a new charger to test it out. computer is a hp compaq cq61 - 414NR. thanks in advanced for any answers.

Edited by hamluis, 02 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Could it be a battery and not charger issue?
Remove the battery and see iif the machine can run without it.
How long have you owned this machine?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

A battery can cost from $20 to $50 only on average, and there are specials listed on line for your model.
Without knowing your location, it is not yet a good idea to post these as UK specials may not be USA special prices.

I just know my local Australian dealer has Genuine ones at 30% discount this month -

#4 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Exactly what bludgard said.

How old is the battery, 1 to 2 years, 5 or more years old? Does the battery get warm/hot when left to charge with the system off?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users