Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the least expensive screen capture device that works for the Xbox 360?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hello,

What is the least expensive screen capture device that works for the Xbox 360? I don't want one of the $100-200 ones, nor one that requires me to install a capture card in my computer tower. I don't need it to be high-res, nor capture video or audio. I just need it to work somehow through whatever easy connection between my Xbox 360 console and computer, which I certainly assume will be through USB. I'm just looking to make screen captures of my 'Soulcalibur V' character creations.

Thanks!

Edit: I assume it'll involve either a USB connection in one of the Xbox's USB ports, or a connection from one of the LCD monitor's rear ports, along with a USB connection or monitor connection of the receiving computer.
Edit2: I use an LCD monitor connected to my Xbox 360, not like an older TV. (It has an HDMI connection, for example)

Edited by andrewset, 02 August 2012 - 11:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nesto1000

nesto1000

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/EasyCAP-DC60-Creator-Capture-High-quality/dp/B002H3BSCM
Read the first review to get it working correctly.

If you plan on using this to actually play you Xbox 360 on, you're going to have a horrible time with it because it's going to give you horrible lag. If you ever want to record fights or something I would use a component cable for xbox and plug in the yellow rca on the usb adapter. Then I would plug in the components (Green, Blue, and non-audio red) to the back of the TV. After that I would get an rca splitter to hook up the audio to both the TV and usb adapter.

I'm not sure if explained this clearly. If not please reply and I can clarify on where you're confused. Anyways I hope this helps!

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k Motherboard: ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 16GB HDD: ADATA (Micro Center branded) 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB GPU: XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 Case: COOLER MASTER RC-690

Posted Image

#3 andrewset

andrewset
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks! I think this is something I should have said on the first post, which I will edit after this: I use an LCD monitor connected to my Xbox 360, not like an older TV. It has an HDMI connection, for example. I think that means I'm after something else?

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

I did find this one. Not inexpensive especially when you add in the hard drive cost.
However you can take it anywhere nd capture with no PC needed.

AVerMedia Game Capture HD – Record Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii in real time without a PC! MTVGCAPHD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100097
The Game Capture HD is a standalone HD video capture box which allows users to preserve PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 HD gameplays to an internal or external hard drive without a PC. Installation is easy

Read the user reviews.

I also found this one

New! HD PVR Gaming Edition
with all the cables you need to connect your Xbox 360 or PS3 gaming console.
HD PVR Gaming Edition model 1445: $199.-

Now available at select Best Buy stores (in the U.S. only)!

Record your video game play in HD onto your PC's disk drive. Or record your favorite TV shows from your cable or satellite TV set top box in HD. HD PVR has a built in H.264 high definition recorder, providing great video quality, and smooth system performance!

This one only captures in HD from Component.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 02 August 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users