Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Scanning Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smolenski7

Smolenski7

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Windows 7 (64bit)

Photo Smart C5180 All In One

My printer will not scan using the Scan Menu or Start Scan Buttons. Scan Menu only gives me 2 choices: Scan and Reprint, and Scan to Memory Card.

Long story short, I uninstalled all of the software, downloaded HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver, but I get an error message that partly reads, "Cannot find file...7zs624B\Setup\hpzprl40exe....." So the software will not install fully. I can, however, still print and copy with no issues.

I also tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility with no success.

I can scan if I insert a memory card and choose Scan to Memory Card from the Scan Menu, so it is functional.

How can I scan again using the Scan Menu and Start Scan buttons again? I assume I need to install the Software Suite, but how do I get rid of that error message preventing me from doing so?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smolenski7

Smolenski7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Anyone?

I've tried so many different things to get his working, I'm about to give up!

I've tried:
1. Deleting every HP file on the HD, then reinstalling.
2. Download software to a flash drive on another computer, then I tried to install it to this computer...my desktop. Got the same error message.
3. HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility with no success.
4. Reset the printer.
5. Tried the sfc /scannow command, but nothing wrong was found.
6. I tried downloading the file that the error message says is missing and placing it in the correct folder, this seems logical, but I don't know what folder it belongs in. Unfortunately the error message doesn't say where it belongs.
7. Updated all drivers.....they were all up-to-date anyway.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Disconnect the device.

Uninstall all software which came with device or which you've installed to try use the device.

Run chkdsk /r command. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system.

After the chkdsk /r command has completed and system has booted into Windows...reinstall the device per HP instructions.

Driver at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=1153481

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#4 Smolenski7

Smolenski7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Louis,

Thanks. I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I still can't scan.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Exact wording of error message, please? And...exactly when does it appear?

Louis

#6 Smolenski7

Smolenski7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

The missing file location along the top of the error message box reads: c:\Users\Daddy\AppData\Local\Temp\7zs65B\Setup\..\setup\hpzprl40.exe

The actual message reads: The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried to download the missing file: hpzprl40.exe and place it in the correct folder with no luck. I can find the first Setup folder, but the \..\ afterward is causing me a lot of problems. I have tried to find the second setup folder within other folders, but there doesn't seem to be one anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users