Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd-r's?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kelton_b

kelton_b

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

My grandma recieved a DVD-R of a slide show. It wont work in any DVD Player. It wouldnt work on her computer but that'c because she has an old computer and it wont read DVD's. SO I took it to my computer and converted it to a CD-R and it kinda works. But I was thinking, if it says DVD-R on it shouldnt it work in a DVD Player. I made a project on my own and was gonna convert it to a DVDR and give it to my dad for his birthday. But if I do convert it will it play in our home DVD player. Is it the program that make the project that's not compatible with the dvd player. The program on the DVD and my soon to be dvd project is Windows Media Player.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

Not necessarely DVD does necesaraly mean that it works in a DVD player it's just another type of disc. Like a CD. The DVD-R that she received could be a DATA DVD that holds information and is meant for a computer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users