Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Preventing full screen video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:19 AM

This is really not a problem-it is just an annoyance.

On I-Tunes, I like to watch the music videos. I was able to watch a video in the I-Tunes window on one monitor, while I do something else on my other monitor. That all changed when I upgraded to SP2. Now, the video goes to full screen on the other monitor. Even if I switch which monitor the I-Tunes window is on, it switches the full screen.

I was thinking, before I start figuring out the why, I wanted to be patient and wait for the upgrade on I-Tunes, in hopes that it would fix itself. No luck.

I noticed that the SP2 upgrade also changed the driver for my MX440 SE 64 MG video card, so I looked for an upgrade on that driver. No luck on that either.

In the research for the video card driver, I did figure out a way that I can watch the video (full screen) while surfing with the other monitor. It partially fixed what I was hoping, but when watching something full screen, it takes up alot of RAM in both the video card (which I do not have much anyway with 64 MG), and system RAM for having to on-the-fly expand a smaller picture.

Don't get me wrong, I have alot of RAM with 512. It does limit the multi-tasking that I can do though.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:26 PM

Check the display resolution setting (in Control Panel - Display). Re-install the original driver if a higher res isn't available.

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:04 PM

I have tried that, but thanks for the advice.

To prevent conflicts, I have to keep them at the same resolutions. Especially if I want to manually move an application from monitor to monitor, which I do often.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

Im sorry I would help but I dont use i-tunes....Nor do I have dual monitors....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users