Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC TO HDTV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

HI.I have a DELL E521 that i would like hook up to a HDTV by way of HDMI cables not sure if it is possible.
I am using a DVI connection adapter to connect to tv (DVI TO HDMI)dapter,THANK,S
I numerous tv/video options to work with on the PANASONIC HDTV.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

You need to find out the supported resolutions and refresh rate that the TV supports. The manual will be your friend. Or post the TV model. Slower response that way.

If it supports 1080i, 720p or if it has a Computer input. I made sure mine had a VGA input to make it really easy to hook up. Also you will need a audio cable for sound since DVI does not have sound on it.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just to add to rotor123 , a few links for you -
One Method Listed Here and another oneHERE that both give you good directions -

Regards -

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well i got my PC to HDTV to work now i just have change the resultion,i had the control panel for Nvidia and it went away,just trying to figure out how to get it back to task bar where it used to be because if i remember right
there were two slider bars that you could change the height&width on the screen.
You know trying to stuff changed on these PC'S is like looking for Easter egg's.
Updated drivers on video card as well,thank's

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

just trying to figure out how to get it back to task bar where it used to be <<< Do you currently have a Task bar ??
Hi -
Did you find the fask bar or has it been disabled somewhere along the line ??
Try to "Pull It Out" or Drag it quickly from a side or bottom area with your mouse, as they can "slip behind" those areas.

Regards -

#6 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

No,the lower task bar is there but the icon that you use to make changes is not, i really do not want to reload the drivers just to get the icon it is there somewhere,also for the last hour i lose the signal from PC,it blink's off and
on,thank's

#7 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

Well it looks like it has finally settled down,got icon back was looking in wrong place for it it was in control panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users